February 17, 2008

Not Quite Political

The state of the nation does not interest me. Make that the political state of the nation. I so dislike it when politicians deliver verbose speeches, when TV stations make superstars out of ordinary bureaucrats turned star witnesses. I don't like it one bit when lawmakers try so hard to put sense into otherwise senseless rhetorics.

In other words, I don't like what it happening in the corridors of power ... again.

Not when there are more important things to do. Like plant trees. Or humor the children. Or stop global warming. Or fight AIDS. Or save the tamaraw from extinction.

As it is, precious hours are wasted on circuitous questions that only serve to muddle and befuddle. I am not even sure if the askers of questions really want answers, or if they just want to hear themselves ask.

I don't know about you, but three "people power" revolutions--and countless coup attempts in between--have left me politically jaded. As I sit through the recent hullabaloo, I feel like an audience in one of those Sunday showbiz shows: lost in a show of hams.

Come to think of it, today's politics is becoming increasingly so much like show business: entertaining at times, but so very, very far-fetched. So not of this world.

1 comment:

vina said...

my sentiments, exactly.

the whole thing is just so tiring. same old, same old.

i have a love/hate relationship with our country. blame it on politics.