October 24, 2008

Rain

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain gently tapping on the roof. Coming from one of the "rainiest" places in the country, I should be used to this by now. But I am not. Barring the (few) times when there is the threat of cosmetics running ugly blotches down my face, I love the rain. I love walking when its drizzling, I love sudden showers, I love the sound of driving rain. I especially love soft rains when the sun is out shining. Makes me feel like I'm in some magical Kurosawa movie.

The kids in the neighborhood love the rain, too. At the first hint of a steady shower they are on their toes, marshalling the troop to an hour or so of rain games.





Come to think of it, this is one of the reasons I love this neighborhood. The kids still go out to play, they climb aratiles trees together, they organize elaborate games that only they can pull off. And they have a feel for rain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, to be a kid again. At least in the province kids can still do that without fear of getting an infection from dirty water, hehe.

Droomvla said...

Naruyag ako sadi na blog mo kay nadumduman ko an paralanat mi man sadto kun nag uuran, batog sa balay hanggan sa kanto. hahahahaha