August 11, 2007

High School: A Tag

This meme--which came from my friend Marj--has been in draft mode for the longest time. I guess I have been too busy re-living high school (thanks to snhsbatch84@yahoogroups.com) to write about it. In any case, here's the me of 23 years ago, to the tune of the Bagets soundtrack...

1. Who was your best friend? From first to third year, my closest friends were Gina, Annie and Memen. For some strange reason, I ended up in a different section in 4th year. For something like a week--until I found Oti--I felt lost and "friendless," which was, of course, fodder for my high-school angst. :p

2. Did you play any sports? I was never the sporty spice, and intramurals were really wasted on me...

3. What kind of car did you drive? Me? Drive? Heck, I even learned to "bike" at 21.

4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? At home. It was our official hang-out, and the gang usually slept over in preparation for Saturday-morning jogging.

5. Were you a party animal? I was allowed to party, but it wasn't like there were that many parties to attend.

6. Were you considered a flirt? Nope. I'm actually more on the "manang" side.

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? I was a choral group reject. Ha ha ha. The chorale master told me that I would have made the cut, but the PTA decided to have "only one member of the family in the choir" so that the parents won't have to be burdened with expenses for costumes, etc. She should have told me that I just wasn't choir material. I mean, my two other sisters auditioned and they were taken in...

8. Were you a nerd? I was in the top ten, and I was quite "studious."

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? No. But there was this one teacher who got so mad at the whole class he started cursing all of us.

10. Can you sing the fight song? I can't sing. Period.

11. Who was your favorite teacher? My Pilipino teacher in second year. She was a character, but she made Florante at Laura really worth studying for.

12. What was your school mascot? Didn't have any unless the more memorable teachers counted.

13. Did you go to the Prom? Of course, but only until 9 o'clock. The prom, though, was an improvement on the first dance I went to. The first time, Dad was with me all throughout so I ended up going home before 8.

14. If you could go back, would you? Would I still be wearing Grosby shoes and sporting a siete hairstyle? Why not?

15. What do you remember most about graduation? Me wearing a lacy white dress copied from something that the younger Janice de Belen wore :p

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? Don't even know what a Senior Skip Day is.

17. Did you have a job during your senior year? Nada. I mean, studying was already a job in itself.

18. Where did you go most often for lunch? Home.

19. Have you gained weight since then? Eighteen kilos and counting...

20. What did you do after graduation? Left for Manila to take the UST entrance exams.

21. What year did you graduate? Ahem. 1984

22. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? I did, and it was a lot of fun. Now we're prepping for the 25th...

How about you? How was high school?

1 comment:

pillow_talk said...

High school was good, but college was even better. And don't worry, isinuka rin ako ng choir ha ha ha