This is a tag from a long, long time ago. I'm supposed to list down seven weird things about me. The first time I tried to do the tag, I just couldn't come up with the requisite seven, and so this has languished in draft.
Could it be that I'm too normal? Or could it be that I'm not conscious of my quirks? In any case, here's my second stab at this "weirdness" tag...
1. Maybe, it's the offshoot of all those years of having to go to monthly confession, but I always have to stop myself from greeting priests with "Bless me, father, for I have sinned." Once I picked up the phone, and it was the parish priest asking for Ma. Without thinking twice, I blurted: "Oh, bless me father."
2. I always confuse my left and my right. When somebody asks for directions, I have to motion with my hands so that I would know which is my right and which is my left. Needless to say, this makes for a lot of confusion,especially when I'm playing the part of backseat driver.
3. Call me gross, but I like scratching dandruff. I especially like it when the flakes practically fly. So that he can keep those dandruff-itchy fingers happy, the husband actually makes sure there's something to scratch.
4. I leaf through magazines from the back cover and make my way to the front. In short, magazine covers are really wasted on me.
5. In the not-so-distant past, when I lived the life of an urban commuter, I played a game by forming words out of car plates. My little game kept me sane through the horrendous EDSA traffic.
6. I always have to have a handful of pens. I can go without lipstick, but I can't for the life of me go without at least three pens. And four sachets of Maxwell House 3-in-1.
7. Twenty-seven years or so later, I still know the lyrics to the Candy Candy theme. (She's a girl, pretty girl, with ribbons on her hair. She's a girl with lots and lots and lots of fun and friends to share...)