Today is my De-cluttering Day, and while I was leafing through mountains of paper, I found this gem. This one's for you, A, and for others out there who could use some picker-upper.
The 11th to 20th Commandments
11. Thou shall not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.
12. Thou shall not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass.
13. Thou shall not cross bridges before you come to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.
14. Thou shall face each problem as it comes. You can only handle one at a time, anyway.
15. Thou shall not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor bedfellows.
16. Though shall not borrow other peoples' problems. They can better care for them than you can.
17. Though shall not try to relive yesterday for good or ill, it is forever gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life and be happy now.
18. Though shall be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own. It is hard to learn something new when you are talking, and some people do know more than you do.
19. Though shall not become bogged down by frustration for 90% of it is rooted in self-pity and will only interfere with positive action.
20. Thou shall count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones, for a lot of small blessings add up to big ones.