For the 100th edition of Thursday Thirteen (and my third post) I thought of putting together two of my favorites: coffee and quotes. Here are 13 coffee quotes that will (hopefully) fuel warm, heady coffee-clouded thoughts.
1. Coffee smells like freshly ground heaven--Jessi Lane Adams
2. I had some dreams; they were clouds in my coffee--Carly Simon
3. I have measured out my life with coffee spoons--T.S.Eliot
4. Actually, this seems to be the basic need of the human heart in nearly every great crisis - a good hot cup of coffee--Alexander King
5. Coffee makes us severe, and grave and philosophical--Jonathan Swift
6. Without my morning coffee I'm just like a dried-up piece of roast goat--Johann Sebastian Bach
7. Black as the devil, Hot as hell. Pure as an angel, Sweet as love--Perigord
8. No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee's frothy goodness--Sheik Abd-al Kadir
9. The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce--Oliver Wendell Holmes
10. I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee--Flash Rosenberg
11. Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised--Star Trek: Voyager
12. He was my cream and I was his coffee--and when you poured us together, it was something--Josephine Baker
13. Given enough coffee, I could rule the world--Anonymous
Have a great brew!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants