I just love the newness of every new year. I love blank planners, clean slates, new calendars, new possibilities. I welcome discoveries new and old, and I just can't resist making plans--although, for most of the year, I'm not really the "planning" sort. In any case, here's what I hope to do, to be and to have in 2008:
1.... Put the planner to good use. Which means making sure that the entries go past February.
2. Keep tabs on the budget. And save, save, save.
3. Go through the entire MIMS. This way, I wouldn't look so out of it when somebody complains of a headache and the only thing I can volunteer is, "uh, amoxicillin?"
4. Unsubscribe to stuff that keep piling up and crowding my inbox. Stuff that usually end in the trash, anyway. And while we're at it, I might as well declutter.
5. Keep the home fires burning. Literally. Since we got married, the hubby has claimed the kitchen as his territory, guarding it the way crime scene investigators do. I should cross the police line once in a while and do more than just bake.
6. Get that KitchenAid Artisan in Majestic Yellow!
7. Read more and write (and blog) more often.
8. Learn to drive. Either that, or learn something new.
9. Find a new nanny. One who isn't that gaga over textmates, texting and soaps.
11. Shed off those flabs. Naturally. Without making Vicki Belo even richer.
12. Try to be a little more tolerant of Kristy Fermin, Big Brother and those hams masquerading as politicians.
13. Enjoy the kid's "clinginess." In a few months, she'll be in pre-school. Her world will not revolve around just me anymore.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants